129 kilometers. 6 hours and 27 minutes
IVAN: The sea Mediterranean. The photo you see to the left without any beauty or anything special, it is in the eyes of the blind to our feelings, that picture was the first time, and I say consciously taking over the nomenclature that the Romans put it, that We have seen the "Mare Nostrum ." Yes sir, the sea that has accompanied me throughout my life since I was born, I grew up, I played and so many "hes .." again, along with him. So imagine the reaction of my skin and my hair to see him after so many kilometers.
The truth is that the reunion has not been all joy, because this sea is usually accompanied by all sorts of breezes and winds that have been particularly strange today, the first few hours we have endured in the face, then half-day sides and ass. It has hurt us, we have been sick and in the end we have benefited. Well, it's something we had as well and thanking my uncle reminded me that facebook Serrat say:
"And what can I do if I was born in the Mediterranean"
addition to the feeling of seeing the Mediterranean and almost parallel to it, has the feeling of awe that has come to see the Pyrenees, the natural barrier that separates us from our land. In fact the route of today has gone through Narbonne and Perpignan , flat ground for about 100 kilometers, which once made and avoid the rush we left to head into the lion's den, a fully-covered Pyrenees Cloudy water curtains, which could be seen 10 kilometers clearly, was a chronicle of death foretold, we were wet, lot.
Indeed, when we were 5 miles from slight climb it started to rain. Then arms, legs and face have been soaked, then stalled clothing along with shoes and socks. As today's post is of sensations, you can imagine we feel after 100 km of bike, that it rains while you are starting up a port with leg strength, while the drops hit you face, notes soaked feet and arms and legs dripping water on all sides, is a brutal feeling, almost unbeatable. Joel and I have talked on occasion of the sensations that sport gives you, and he, in a they told me the conversation he had with a sports doctor making reference to these, I was saying that the feelings that an athlete in full exercise experience, are well above the feelings that may have the rest of us, including those in search of them take drugs or other substances that facilitate them. These, as I mentioned in a previous post, are reserved for those "stupid" to leave out (even if only temporarily) late night parties, alcohol and fun bottles, and are dedicated to get up early and hit hard .
To finish tonight to tell you that we sleep in a pre-Pyrenean village, tomorrow the very beginning, we expected MOUNTAIN capitalized, morning climb to an altitude of 1600 meters (we're about 250), and Paco bags, and today we have tomorrow to rest and hope that the muscles function as today. A I forgot, and hope that Paco is dry, because it has fallen upon arrival at the hostel.
0 comments:
Post a Comment