73 km, 3 hours 53 minutes
IVAN: Last stage of our Scandinavian tour. It seems like yesterday when we landed high and the kind Bergen we went up to the northernmost peak of all this enormous peninsula, which today we have given the last pedaling. Right now we are embarked on a ferry towards central Europe. Just an adventure that had everything, and we will start another first by Poland.
For Stockholm and its surroundings, as for the surrounding area could say the same thing as Green has until reaching the port, and as to Stockholm, for precious monumental city, with wide avenues, and eye! A swarm of huge bicycle tours, I think it would take a map of only these to guide you. In fact it was perfect to move initially, but seemed to have its own life and take them where they wanted, so in the end we opted for business as usual. Bugger off.
I leave you with a little video, so you can see what I say.
At this point, I think I'm in the ideal spot to tell me the things that been surprised by these three countries (Norway, Finland, Sweden)
1 .- Bottled water does not exist. Seriously, any restaurant that will serve the water is tap into a jar and of course free. Moreover, in the North are advised, if necessary, fill our canteens from rivers or streams that came to our meeting. This is common throughout the peninsula. Van Leftover water to a level almost unbelievable, in fact there to see it to understand.
2 .- Helpful, polite, kind to the extreme. You say you have problems and leave everything to help. Ore Biguá and Turi are some outstanding examples this. But we had more.
3 .- Swedish .. buff, this is not quite how to explain but here goes, are cute but evil thrush. To us has fallen myth, Pajares and Estes were canary, I do not cheat. Now, seeing what they eat and the weather totally adverse to exercise outdoors, as well, most of it to understand.
4 .- The love they have for the old things, especially cars, I did not think they had that many old cars, and very well maintained. As a preference for American cars, but there is everything.
5 .- Language. Better not comment. Very difficult, words with 14 letters of which 11 are consonants and two vowels umlauts and accents are rare. Unpronounceable, I remember a Finn in a place where we stayed, that has a accent clinging to their mother tongue to speak English, and it was not clear if he was talking to a person or r2d2.
6 .- Countries safe as could be. Where you get you can worry about the bike, lunchtime, afternoon, or evening. In some places Paco has stayed on the street, without any lock. In fact, in these almost 2 weeks we have seen only 2 police cars. Incredible when you consider that we are all day on the road.
7 .- landscapes. No comments.
Goodbye Sweden, Hello Poland.
0 comments:
Post a Comment